Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Dear Maddie... & Quail!!!

Madelynn Emma Romer is now a whopping 4 years old! When I told her yesterday that she was going to be 4 she said "why?" I replied with, "well, that's how long you have been on the Earth." She said, "that didn't take very long!" Ah, the mind of a 4 year old! Here she is getting ready to blow out her candle...


Nathan, Maddie & Kaylie waiting for mommy to take a picture so Maddie could blow out the candle... Oh, and singing!

I made her cake. I did a 2 tier cake with a princess crown across the edge of the top layer. I made stained glass candy for the "jewels" in the crown. I flavored & colored the candy with kool-aid! it was super yummy. Like jolly ranchers!!!

Here is what the top looked like....

My beautiful family watching Maddie open her presents this morning. Kaylie would always cheeze when no one else was looking, then look away when everyone was smiling! Silly girl!

And last but not least (especially when it comes to numbers!)... The baby quail. At last count we have about 75 babies. There are still more eggs pipping and hatching, so I'm sure it will eventually be more. They are Texas A & M and Jumbo Brown Coturnix quail. Aren't they cute!?!?


3 comments:

Jen said...

Very cool cake Chrystal. You are so talented! We sent Maddie her birthday card today. Hopefully you'll get it on Wednesday. (Sorry we're late!) We were thinking of her yesterday!!

debinca said...

Wow! that is some cake! So big and so pretty, she will remember it forever.

I cant believe she is 4 already. Maddy is right , it didn't take that long.

Great news on the quail hatch! Its all very fun for you and the kids, good job.

Ilana said...

Hi Chrystal, how did you teach your hens to dring from the nepples?
Ilana

http://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=2636-chicken-nipples-anyone

p.s. I loved your family